We have been working really hard on training in preparation for the upcoming trials and I am so proud of my big boy! Our training has been going very well and we are both enjoying our time together.
I REALLY wish that we had more fun matches in our area because it's nearly impossible to mimic the real trial environment in training. We have a handful of fun matches for the whole year! :( Falkor can be distractable and while we try to train with distractions so we can work through it, it is simply not the same as a trial. I think there will be one fun match before the trial and we will take full advantage of it!
We did some tracking today after not tracking for almost a year (boo!) and I was totally shocked by how much Falkor remembered! He was SO excited when I got his harness on and we walked to the start line. I need to find time to do more tracking!! With some actual training I think Falkor could be a super tracking dog.
I REALLY wish that we had more fun matches in our area because it's nearly impossible to mimic the real trial environment in training. We have a handful of fun matches for the whole year! :( Falkor can be distractable and while we try to train with distractions so we can work through it, it is simply not the same as a trial. I think there will be one fun match before the trial and we will take full advantage of it!
We did some tracking today after not tracking for almost a year (boo!) and I was totally shocked by how much Falkor remembered! He was SO excited when I got his harness on and we walked to the start line. I need to find time to do more tracking!! With some actual training I think Falkor could be a super tracking dog.

No comments:
Post a Comment