Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Class Starts Again Next Week! Yippeee!

I have really missed being in obedience classes with Falkor this past month. There was a break between sessions and I was training for a new part time job so I missed the last couple of classes in the last session. The next session starts next week and I can't wait. I love taking classes with Falkor and I think it helps to keep me on track with training.

We did some tracking yesterday in a new field near our sub and it was the first time I aged the track more than 20 minutes. I laid two straight tracks about 75 yards each and aged them 35 minutes. Falkor was dead on the first track and plowed straight to the glove. The second track had some crosswinds and he had a little more trouble with that track. We need to practice with crosswind.

Falkor's darn Happy Tail is going to drive me bonkers. The set up for keeping his tail between his legs has been working great, but now he's licking the darn boo-boo. We've tried in inflatable, e-collar, the neck brace e-collar, the old fashioned e-collar, and every type of bitter/bad tasting spray (which he seems to think are YUMMY) and nothing is working. :(

No comments: