Thursday, June 10, 2010

Bass Pro Shop Field Trip

I have been trying to make an effort to take Falkor to new places and work some obedience stuff since he tends to more distracted in unfamiliar environments. He has been doing well with our little field trips and we decided to head over to Bass Pro Shop today. I found out right after we got Famke that Bass Pro Shop allows dogs in the store and we've been over there lots of times with Famke for socialization, but today was Falkor's first time there. For anyone that hasn't been to BPS before it is a HUGE sportsmen's paradise. They have trophy animals from floor to ceiling, a floor to ceiling fish tank with 3 ft long fish, an arcade type shooting gallery complete with a huge nature scene, and obviously loads of merchandise. When we first walked in Falkor was a bit unsure of the slippery concrete floor but after he got his footing and a few treats he was fine with it. The employees are wonderful and many of them keep treats in their departments so Falkor got loads of treats and pets. There were a lot of kids there today as well and he got lots of loving from the kiddos.

We worked on some obedience and he did really great. He was very distracted at first but after just a little bit of warming up he worked hard and did a great job. I'm proud of my big, crazy boy!

We are entered in Rally Advanced in Fort Dodge the weekend after next. It's a very nice show site so I hope we can go, have a great time and do well!!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That store sounds awesome! I'll have to see if we have something like that around us.

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Oh, I am jealous!!!! We don't have any of those near us. The closest is about 4 hours away. I've driven past one once, almost swerved off the road because I got so excited (I LOVE Bass Pro Shops) but never got to go in. Now that I know dogs are welcome, I'll make a point to bring Layla! She'll love the trophies. As long as there aren't any wolves. That would upset me, too.

Good luck in Rally! A friend of mine recently finished her Novice title and was explaining to me how difficult Advanced is compared to Rally. It's a very quick jump!

Thank you sooooo much for all the hugs and get well vibes. We both really, REALLY appreciate them!!

Kathie R said...

Hey Jennifer, Thanks for posting about Bass Pro Shop. I didn't know they allowed dogs. Looks like a great place to train with distractions.

Good luck at Fort Dodge this weekend!