Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fantastic FUN Match!!!

Falkor and I went to a Rally fun match this morning and I am so very glad we went. It was a great experience for both of us. Falkor has only been to the building where they held the match a few times before today...we did agility classes when he was younger but they were held outside. So the building was a mostly unfamiliar place for him which is exactly what we need.

I am SOOO disappointed because when I pulled in the parking lot I remembered I forgot my darn Flip camera. :( I really wanted to video tape our runs!

The first course was very nice with a good flow and many challenging stations. Falkor was VERY up when we started our run and I was worried he might try to zoom but I was able to reign him in and our run went well. Even though Falkor can be a *little* more enthusiastic while working than maybe he should be, I MUCH prefer that instead of him being totally stressed and wigged out. The dog I had in the ring today is the happy, energetic worker that I had before the anxiety/freak out issues surfaced. I am just tickled pink about that!!

The second course was also very nice and Falkor was still very happy and energetic during the run. It was cracking me up because we had a few left pivot and left finish stations and Falkor would actually LEAP in the air to get back into heel position. We had a few people in the crowd cheering and clapping for us, which Falkor totally ate up! Such a show off. ;)

Now if we can have performances like we did today the next time we compete in Rally we will be set!! Hey it never hurts to hope right???? ;)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You guys can totally do it and you'll totally rock!! I think those jump/leap left finishes are so cool looking. ESPECIALLY with a giant breed!:)

Kathie R said...

Sounds like Falkor was really 'on' at the match! Thursday night at my utility class someone was talking about how great the Dane did in the Rally fun match. It must have been Falkor they were talking about :)