WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!! We did it!!!!
I am just beyond excited! Falkor got his second Rally Advanced A leg yesterday at the show! Honestly it was down right nerve wrecking at the beginning because he was completely LIT UP and was doing tight circles around me in between the stations. I was really worried he was going to lose it completely and zoom because he was so excited, but by some miracle about half way through he settled in and did the rest of the course beautifully. I was really worried at the jump because that has been the place where he most often zooms but he did a BEAUTIFUL job and I can see that all our jump training is really paying off.
People commented that it was really nice to see a happy working Dane. I said "yeah except he can sometimes be a little *too* happy" and they laughed.
Even though our score wasn't high because all the silliness at the beginning, we still got first place since there weren't many A class teams. I am just beyond thrilled we qualified!
Falkor got to pick out a cool new squeaky snake toy and has been teasing Famke with it since we got home. :rolleyes: (Such a brother!)
So we show again on Monday and then I think we are going to play around in Beginners Novice/Pre-Novice for awhile. I REALLLLLLY need to work on my nerves in the ring, I was a basket case yesterday, and I think I can do that better if Falkor is on leash in the ring.
I am just beyond excited! Falkor got his second Rally Advanced A leg yesterday at the show! Honestly it was down right nerve wrecking at the beginning because he was completely LIT UP and was doing tight circles around me in between the stations. I was really worried he was going to lose it completely and zoom because he was so excited, but by some miracle about half way through he settled in and did the rest of the course beautifully. I was really worried at the jump because that has been the place where he most often zooms but he did a BEAUTIFUL job and I can see that all our jump training is really paying off.
People commented that it was really nice to see a happy working Dane. I said "yeah except he can sometimes be a little *too* happy" and they laughed.
Even though our score wasn't high because all the silliness at the beginning, we still got first place since there weren't many A class teams. I am just beyond thrilled we qualified!
Falkor got to pick out a cool new squeaky snake toy and has been teasing Famke with it since we got home. :rolleyes: (Such a brother!)
So we show again on Monday and then I think we are going to play around in Beginners Novice/Pre-Novice for awhile. I REALLLLLLY need to work on my nerves in the ring, I was a basket case yesterday, and I think I can do that better if Falkor is on leash in the ring.

No comments:
Post a Comment