

When I look at Falkor now I catch glimpses of a real grown up dog. Especially when looking at that big ol' head. But then I'll see him flail around with spaghetti legs and it's still so obvious that he's such a baby yet. It's so funny to watch a giant dog mature because their body is so far ahead of their brain. We just got back from a trip to visit family in Michigan and Falkor did AMAZING during the trip. It was a 12 hour drive and he literally slept the entire time unless we were stopped. We made lots of stops so he and Jackson could stretch their legs and run around a bit. He loved all the attention he got at the rest stops.
They have a fantastic outdoor mall called Partridge Creek about 5 miutes from my Mom's house. Dogs are welcome in all the outdoor areas of the mall and a good marjority of the stores allow you to bring your dog in! It was such a blast walking around with Falkor in Macy's, Forever 21, Sur La Table, etc. And seeing people's reactions is even more fun. Anyone with a Dane knows that people always have questions about them and want to know things like how much they eat and if they live in the house. Hehe Falkor even had some people that wanted to take pics of them with their cell phones. I SO wish we had something like Partridge Creek in Iowa. Poor
Falkor was a total weenie boy when I would leave him at my Mom's while we were there. It was actually surprised because he knows my Mom and he doesn't worry when I leave him home. So we have some separation anxiety stuff to work on. I plan to start working on kenneling him at the obedience club so he can get used to that, espcially since I plan on doing obedience and agility someday. He has to be comfortable with me crating him and not being right by his side.
They have a fantastic outdoor mall called Partridge Creek about 5 miutes from my Mom's house. Dogs are welcome in all the outdoor areas of the mall and a good marjority of the stores allow you to bring your dog in! It was such a blast walking around with Falkor in Macy's, Forever 21, Sur La Table, etc. And seeing people's reactions is even more fun. Anyone with a Dane knows that people always have questions about them and want to know things like how much they eat and if they live in the house. Hehe Falkor even had some people that wanted to take pics of them with their cell phones. I SO wish we had something like Partridge Creek in Iowa. Poor
Falkor was a total weenie boy when I would leave him at my Mom's while we were there. It was actually surprised because he knows my Mom and he doesn't worry when I leave him home. So we have some separation anxiety stuff to work on. I plan to start working on kenneling him at the obedience club so he can get used to that, espcially since I plan on doing obedience and agility someday. He has to be comfortable with me crating him and not being right by his side.

1 comment:
Reminds me so much of Cooper. He has a crazy exciting recall too and all the people in class laugh. He has a few times stopped perfect right in front of me but usually blows by and then comes back! Brothers:)
Post a Comment