On Saturday Falkor and I went to the Great Iowa Pet Expo at the fairgrounds. I've been going to the Expo for years and this year was by far the biggest and busiest! When we first got there I could hardly walk Falkor down the aisles. He was a bit overwhelmed when we first got there but settled down quickly and was loving all the attention. The Upper Midwest Great Dane Rescue had a booth there and many of our Dane friends were volunteering at the booth. Janelle was there with Cooper (Falkor's brother) and Bev was there with Kizzy and Skye. Falkor was thrilled to see his brother again and they wanted to wrestle so badly. We had quite a few people stop to watch them play bitey face. Falkor was also thrilled to see two if his girlfriends, and I think Kizzy and Skye were happy to see him too.
There was a booth at the expo called Yankee Handmade Collars that had really fun fabric dog collars and they were big enough for Falkor! It is so hard to find fun collars that are big enough for a Dane. I bought him a blue flame one and one with snowmen for Christmas. I wanted to get one with some really cute Thanksgiving fabric she had but she didn't have one in the big size.
I think Falkor looks pretty dashing in his new collars. :)
I think Falkor looks pretty dashing in his new collars. :)


It was a little bit difficult being at the Expo because it was something I did every year with Finnegan, especially the costume contest, and this was the first year without him being there. I didn't enter the contest this year even though I had a costume for Falkor because it was just too soon. Although it was a really nice surprise to find that they used a photo of Finnegan in his kissing booth costume in the Expo program. I had no idea they were going to do that and I was quite shocked when I opened the program and saw the photo. It made me happy and sad at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment