Saturday, January 16, 2010

"Love it when a plan comes together"

After my roller coaster ride this week with Falkor's leg injury I feel much better this weekend and I feel like I am focused on getting through this with him. With the help of one of Falkor's co-breeders we've come up with a plan to rehab his knee. This plan includes controlled exercise, therapeutic training tasks, physical therapy on his knee, oral supps, hydrotherapy, and Adequan injections. We have an appointment next with with a local vet hospital that offers hydrotherapy. He is also on two weeks of Rimadyl.

We started implementing the plan yesterday and Falkor is loving it! He especially loves the physical therapy. He is loving his Momma fawning all over him. :)

I am THRILLED that the arctic weather has finally broke and the sidewalks are clear of the death trap ice slicks. It was wonderful to be outside in the sunshine getting fresh air with my big boy.

I scrapped with my best bud Shannon yesterday and I am almost finished with the scrapbook album I did for Falkor's first year (finally!!!!). I will post pics once I finish the final page I have to complete.


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It's always such a relief when you have a plan and start acting on it. Then you feel like you're taking control and doing something about it! I'm looking forward to seeing what your scrapbooking pages look like!:)