Today has been a day! I took Falkor to the vet today and he was diagnosed with a partial ACL tear. :( The vet found some movement in the knee but there wasn't the "positive drawer sign" that there would be with a full rupture. There is also some thickening in the knee which could be swelling.
I was heartbroken when we left the clinic. I understand that this is NOT the end of the world and that things could be so much worse...it was just that I could see all my dreams of actively competing in obedience and agility disappearing before my eyes.
Fortunately, one of Falkor's co-breeders had emailed me this morning and we chatted via email and she was able to successfully talk me off of the ledge. :) We are working on a plan of attack to help rehab Falkor's injury. I found out that there is a local vet hospital that does hydrotherapy which I think will be a great benefit to Falkor.
So even though I feel like we got some bad news today I feel much more hopeful tonight!
I was heartbroken when we left the clinic. I understand that this is NOT the end of the world and that things could be so much worse...it was just that I could see all my dreams of actively competing in obedience and agility disappearing before my eyes.
Fortunately, one of Falkor's co-breeders had emailed me this morning and we chatted via email and she was able to successfully talk me off of the ledge. :) We are working on a plan of attack to help rehab Falkor's injury. I found out that there is a local vet hospital that does hydrotherapy which I think will be a great benefit to Falkor.
So even though I feel like we got some bad news today I feel much more hopeful tonight!

1 comment:
Dang it! I was really hoping for the iliopsoas strain. It's incredibly discouraging when they get injured. To be honest, right before I took Heffner in to see the vet, I had a lot of dark thought revolving around having to retire him from agility. Even shortly after getting the muscle strain diagnosis, I wasn't entirely sure that retirement was out of the picture. I think that with the right exercise regimen, being conscious of what's going on, and just being generally careful, you and Falkor can beat this! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment