I am really trying hard not to overreact and flip out here. Something is wrong with Falkor's back left leg. I noticed a while back and he would occasionally toe-touch with that back leg while he was standing around. I didn't think much of it because it was only once in a while. It seemed to coincide with when he had been in the rigging for his tail wound for a while. Last week I noticed that he was doing it more often and then I noticed that he was also very slightly limping after being in his crate for a while. He doesn't act painful...he still plays and acts a fool like normal and he allowed me to manipulate his leg in every which way without acting painful.
One of the reasons that I am wigging out so much is because Hexi, our lab mix that passed away two years ago, tore her ACL right as were to getting ready to start her agility career. I am terrified that Falkor did something to his ACL that could end his agility career before it even began.
We'll be going to the vet tomorrow and I am hoping and praying that it's just a strain or sprain. :(
One of the reasons that I am wigging out so much is because Hexi, our lab mix that passed away two years ago, tore her ACL right as were to getting ready to start her agility career. I am terrified that Falkor did something to his ACL that could end his agility career before it even began.
We'll be going to the vet tomorrow and I am hoping and praying that it's just a strain or sprain. :(

1 comment:
This sounds kind of similar to Heffner's iliopsoas muscle strain. It's a muscle that connects to their hip and is up and under their leg. Kind of hard to manipulate unless you know exactly what to do. Hopefully that's all it is!
Post a Comment