Monday, April 26, 2010

Way too much fun!!


What a great weekend!!! I had so much fun that I didn't want the weekend to end. We arrived in Waterloo early Friday evening and after wrestling Falkor into the elevator ("I don't care what you say or do I am NOT going in that scary glass box!!!") we settled into our room for a bit before Jennifer and Janelle got into town. After Jennifer and Janelle arrived we went up to their room and let the dogs play while we chatted and caught up. We ended up chatting until around 1:00am and I decided that I should try to get some sleep since we had to get up really early the next morning. Falkor and Famke totally crashed about a minute after we got back to our room and we all slept like the dead until morning.

We got to the show site just in time for it to start torrential raining outside (groan). We all got soaked trying to potty the dogs and get into the building. Rally Advanced was set to start around 8:45 and the course the judge set up was really nice. It was great for big dogs and had a really nice flow. Jennifer went in with Falkor's Auntie Ladybug, did beautifully and ended up with a 92 and a third place. Janelle went next with Falkor's brother Cooper and also did a really nice job. Falkor and I went last and I am SO proud of him. He gave me beautiful attention and we had a great run. We ended up with a 94 and a second place!!!! First place was a 96. The judge commented that Falkor was a really nice working Dane. I am really proud that we did so well our very first time off leash at a trial!

The dogs were in heaven playing with each other. Falkor's breeder Jennifer is fostering a Great Dane puppy name Takoda and he and Famke became fast friends. They played really hard and did a great job tiring each other out.

I am SO sad because I didn't get any video or photos of the trial. :( I dropped my Flip camera on the way to our ring and when I handed it to Jennifer to video our run it wouldn't turn on. I was able to get it working later that day when I took the batteries out and put them back in. And I had taken the battery out of my camera to charge it on Thursday and I forgot to put it back on before I left on Friday. Grrr! We did however get some pics taken by the show photographer and Jennifer took some with her mega fancy camera. So hopefully we'll have some good pics to share soon!

It was a blast hanging out with Jennifer and Janelle and we were able to enjoy lots of laughs, good food and good times with dog people. What could be better?!!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like you guys had a great time! Just think how much fun the national specialty will be!;o)

Kathie R said...

Congratulations Jennifer and Falkor! Wow, what a great score for his first time in RA.