On Thursday nights our obedience club has member classes and for the current session they are offering a Freestyle class with the amazing Linda Farr. She did classes during the last session as well but we had to miss out because we were taking a Rally class. I decided to give this session a try and it was a complete BLAST!!
I was really interested to see how we would do some of the moves (namely weaving between my legs!) because of Falkor's size. He had no trouble at all and really seemed to love all the new moves we learned. I couldn't believe that after only a few minutes I had a 170lb dog weaving in and out of my legs (without launching me into space)!! We also worked on spins, twists, backing, alternating paws, spinning and twisting around a pole and bowing. Falkor was so happy and enthusiastic with a big goofy grin on his face the whole class. In addition to it being such a blast, I think the moves will be wonderful for body awareness and body conditioning for Falkor.
I feel so lucky that Falkor is always up for anything I throw at him and always with a big, goofy grin and a wagging tail.
Once I get our moves a little more polished I will take some video of them and post them on the blog.
The weather has been just breathtaking beautiful and I am just loving all the training we are able to do outside now. The summer was suck and I am so happy we are having such an amazing fall!
Oh and I just ordered a super fun collar for Falkor off of Esty. It's a 2in leather collar with his name stamped in it. I cannot wait to get it. Of course there were about 20 that I wanted to order but I was realllly good and only ordered one. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!
I was really interested to see how we would do some of the moves (namely weaving between my legs!) because of Falkor's size. He had no trouble at all and really seemed to love all the new moves we learned. I couldn't believe that after only a few minutes I had a 170lb dog weaving in and out of my legs (without launching me into space)!! We also worked on spins, twists, backing, alternating paws, spinning and twisting around a pole and bowing. Falkor was so happy and enthusiastic with a big goofy grin on his face the whole class. In addition to it being such a blast, I think the moves will be wonderful for body awareness and body conditioning for Falkor.
I feel so lucky that Falkor is always up for anything I throw at him and always with a big, goofy grin and a wagging tail.
Once I get our moves a little more polished I will take some video of them and post them on the blog.
The weather has been just breathtaking beautiful and I am just loving all the training we are able to do outside now. The summer was suck and I am so happy we are having such an amazing fall!
Oh and I just ordered a super fun collar for Falkor off of Esty. It's a 2in leather collar with his name stamped in it. I cannot wait to get it. Of course there were about 20 that I wanted to order but I was realllly good and only ordered one. :)
Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 comments:
That's so cool that you guys took Freestyle! It would be awesome to see a dog his size do those moves.
Isn't it so nice having a dog who's up for anything? Layla's totally spoiling me for any future dogs.
I have always wanted to try freestyle, it sounds like you both had a ton of fun.
My aunt and Linda Farr's mom taught school together in Columbus Junction, unreal, huh?
Yes Amy it is SO nice to have a dog that's game for anything. I love it!
That is too funny about your Aunt and Linda Farr's Mom, Melinda! Small world!
Post a Comment