Sunday, November 28, 2010

First Rally Excellent A Leg!!

Instead of fighting the crowds out shopping on Black Friday, Falkor and I were at a Rally trial at our local club. I am so very excited that we got a second place and our first RE leg! It wasn't our prettiest run as Falkor was quite distracted by the smell of the sloppy joe's cooking in the kitchen next to our ring. :) Need to start proofing for that! BUT I am just so thrilled that I was able to get his attention back when he was distracted and he did NOT zoom at any point on the course. That alone is huge for us.

I was also interested to see how he would do with during the honor portion of the course. He is not used to working with a totally unfamiliar dog in the ring. I was very happy that he didn't even seem to notice another dog was in the ring with us.

Proud of my big happy boy! He got some leftover turkey as a jackpot reward and was a very happy camper. We are entered in a trial next Sunday in MN and then we won't have any shows until February.

3 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Congratulations!! That's fantastic :)

Good luck at the next trial, too.

tervnmal said...

Good job! Much saner to spend Black Friday at a dog show instead of the mall. ( :

Lindsay said...

That's awesome!! Way to go!