Monday, December 6, 2010

Wonderful AND Sucessful weekend!

On Saturday afternoon my friend Shannon and I drove up to MN to stay with Falkor's breeder Jen overnight and then go to trial on Sunday in Saint Paul. It was the first time Falkor has been back to Jen's house since he was a bitty baby. After a few minutes of tentatively checking things out, it was so cute to see this huge smile home over this face and he was galloping all around. It was such a treat to see Falkor's Daddy, his Auntie, his handsome brother and his little baby cousin. My friend Shannon had her Field Spaniel Phaser with us and Famke also came along so we had quite the houseful. Falkor played for hours on end and I don't think he stopped moving until we all fell into bed after 11 that night.

On Sunday morning we drove out to the St Paul Dog Obedience club and we competed in Beginner's Novice and Rally Excellent A. Falkor's BN run was very nice. He was a little distracted on the about turn during the heeling pattern and he had a crush on one of the gals that was a post for the figure 8 and wanted to smooze her. Such a boy! The other exercises were near perfect. His recall was beautiful!! We've been working so hard to squash the recall induced zoomies and all that hard work is finally paying off!! I was beyond thrilled when I found out we took first place in the class! Our very first first place. :)

Our Rally Excellent run went really well until the last station which was a bar jump. At our last trial Falkor jammed his toe on hard enough on the wooden bar jump that he cut it. When we saw the bar jump at the trial yesterday he seemed really spooked and it took me a bit to get him back with me and settled. We still managed to get a second place in the class!!

I am very proud of my big happy guy!!

3 comments:

Megan said...

It was great to meet you on Sunday and I'm so happy the trial went well for you. Falkor is pretty much awesome, he's such a "mobile" dane and you've clearly put a lot of work into that.

Oh, and Famke is utterly adorable.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations on both classes! That's fabulous!!

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting to get First Place. I'm hoping to enter Beginner Novice sometime this winter, but the classes fill up soooo quickly!

Totally random - I was looking at one of my Facebook friends' page, a woman that was in a few agility classes with us, and found you were a mutual friend! How do you know Karin Wiechmann? I only know her through the training building; her dog Cash used to be in Box Work with Layla. That's so "what a small world" lol.

Hope you guys had a great Christmas!