I can hardly believe that it is 2011 already! But I fully admit to being swept up in the feeling of everything being new and full of possibility. I was almost afraid to look back at the goals that I had set for Falkor last January but it wasn't that bad. Here are the goals I set for last year and what we did with them:
-Get our RA and work towards our RE - YES we did achieve this goal!! Finished our RA in September and have 2 legs toward our RE. It certainly wasn't easy. We had the jump induced zoomies to contend with. We worked REALLY hard on that and got through it. We had some beautiful runs and some downright scary moments. LOL I am really pleased with the progress we have made since last year.
-Get certified in tracking and possibly try for a TD - Um not even close. I completely slacked on tracking this year. :(
-Enter in Novice Fast agility (if they offer it) at the Great Dane National this year - No agility whatsoever because of the @#$% knee issue. And we didn't get to go to the National. BOO!
-Work really hard on our heeling skills - YES to this! Still need lots of work but I feel we've had success there as well.
-Enter Pre-Novice a few times- No Pre-Novice but we did get the chance to enter Beginner's Novice which I LOVE!
-Enter at least one UKC trial - No and honestly that just came down to finances. I had to be choosy about what we entered.
Ok now with a deep breath of the fresh 2011 air here are my goals for the year.
Rally- Finish our RE. I don't have plans to work toward a RAE right now. Mainly because there are so many other thing I want to focus on and I only have so much time and money.
Obedience- Finish our Beginner's Novice title and shoot for entering Novice in the fall at our local obedience trial. I would also like to train Falkor through Open and start working on Utility exercises as well.
Agility- It kills me to even think this, but I don't know if agility will be in the cards for Falkor. (Due to his knee issues) It really breaks my heart. We are going to play around with it a little and see how things go...maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!
Tracking- I really want to buckle down with our tracking training and get certified in the fall sometime.
So cheers to everyone and hopefully 2011 will be THE year for you as well.
-Get our RA and work towards our RE - YES we did achieve this goal!! Finished our RA in September and have 2 legs toward our RE. It certainly wasn't easy. We had the jump induced zoomies to contend with. We worked REALLY hard on that and got through it. We had some beautiful runs and some downright scary moments. LOL I am really pleased with the progress we have made since last year.
-Get certified in tracking and possibly try for a TD - Um not even close. I completely slacked on tracking this year. :(
-Enter in Novice Fast agility (if they offer it) at the Great Dane National this year - No agility whatsoever because of the @#$% knee issue. And we didn't get to go to the National. BOO!
-Work really hard on our heeling skills - YES to this! Still need lots of work but I feel we've had success there as well.
-Enter Pre-Novice a few times- No Pre-Novice but we did get the chance to enter Beginner's Novice which I LOVE!
-Enter at least one UKC trial - No and honestly that just came down to finances. I had to be choosy about what we entered.
Ok now with a deep breath of the fresh 2011 air here are my goals for the year.
Rally- Finish our RE. I don't have plans to work toward a RAE right now. Mainly because there are so many other thing I want to focus on and I only have so much time and money.
Obedience- Finish our Beginner's Novice title and shoot for entering Novice in the fall at our local obedience trial. I would also like to train Falkor through Open and start working on Utility exercises as well.
Agility- It kills me to even think this, but I don't know if agility will be in the cards for Falkor. (Due to his knee issues) It really breaks my heart. We are going to play around with it a little and see how things go...maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!
Tracking- I really want to buckle down with our tracking training and get certified in the fall sometime.
So cheers to everyone and hopefully 2011 will be THE year for you as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment