Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals for 2012!!

One thing I do love about the new year is all the possibility it brings. I enjoy making goals for the new year! Here we go!

Falkor
It's difficult to write about my plans for Falkor because there were so many plans that I had that won't ever come to fruition. Because of Falkor's knee issue, we won't be able to pursue training for our CDX. That makes me sad but I've come to terms with it. I do think that we might try for our UKC CD. It will depend on how things go with Falkor's comfort level around other dogs. He has been doing SO much better but we'll see how things go from here.

I would like to get the final leg for his Rally Excellent Title.

I would love to buckle down and really work on tracking. I have said the same thing for the past two years but maybe 2012 will finally be the year!

Our biggest plan is to work on Freestyle! Falkor absolutely LOVES freestyle and he seems to have a knack for it. I am hoping to plan a routine for the 2012 Great Dane National. I think it will be big fun.

Famke
I plan to work towards getting a CD with Famke. We have lots of polishing and tweaking to do to get where I would like to be. Famke has the potential to be a great little performance dog and I just hope I don't screw it up. LOL

Perhaps try to get her Rally Advanced title.

Work on tracking as well.

I think we will still dabble in conformation as well, but pending the rest of her health testing we may be getting her spayed. Her cycles themselves aren't that bad, maybe a bit annoying but not the end of the world. BUT Famke seems to get realllly weird after her cycle. She get's spooky and edgy and just not like her self. After her last heat she got weird and it lasted for months!! She just finsihed her last heat in November so we will see how she is in the upcoming months. If it happens again we will be getting her spayed sooner than later.

We have lots going on and I am looking forward to the new adventures 2012 will bring us!!

4 comments:

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

I've been saying the same thing about tracking for two years now myself!

Layla also gets weird after her heat cycles. Almost exactly 2 months after (when her litter would be due), she goes nuts. She won't eat (and she's super food-driven), she carries around her toys and whines, and just walks around crying. I also will be getting her spayed soon. Not before her next cycle (I don't have the money yet), but over the summer she will be. So she (and I) will only have to go through it once. It seems that her issues (I don't know if Famke's are the same, but Layla's are false pregnancies) have gotten increasingly worse over time. Hopefully Famke isn't bad though! For Layla, the false pregnancies are worse than the heat cycles themselves. The heat cycles are a breeze; she doesn't even need to wear panties around the house. It's just her damn hormones.

Lindsay said...

I have had the same hang up with tracking!! Finding time for it once you get beyond doing the simple and quick straight tracks, gets more difficult.

I'm very excited to hear about the freestyle!! Looking forward to rooting you guys on at the national!;0)

tervnmal said...

Please post video of your freestyle routine when you get it put together!

Wishing you a great 2012 - I know Phoenix will find Famke for a spaniel-fix at some point. ( :

Jennifer H. said...

Yes Amy!! Famke also does the false pregnancy thing. I am over it. LOL This cycle will be the test for us!

I know Lindsay that is the way I feel too! I really hope you guys are at the 2012 National so we can finally meet in person!!

Melinda...there is absolutely be video!! And Famke can't wait to see hunky Phoenix again soon. :)